Who's Planning What??

Adam F

Anyone planning much this weekend?

It will be my last trip until mid-march as my PADI course will take up the next few weeks amongst other things - forecast is looking good...at the moment?

Thinking of either a general inshore trip hoping a few whiting are still around, or another wrecking trip for eels??

Saturday for me ; forecast looks a lot better than last sat.

The usual question this time of year...... first light is just before LW., do I creep out on the last of the ebb and try to avoid grounding? ..... or wait for some of the flood and probably miss the best bit of fishing ??

Paul........ what will you do with that nice new , shiny motor and smooth prop ?? I'm guessing you'll go later and not risk the 'dinks' of hitting gravel in 0.6m. of water.

Sinbad plans to go Fri. ...... perhaps we'll amend plans after his reccey??

Alun.

Hopefully yes Adam - whichever is the best looking day weather wise!

If Saturday then a lateish start (0900h?) having driven down early from home looks likely then staying over to pull Phaeton out Sunday morning and settle her for the rest of the winter.

Sunday it will be earlier and leave the boat in.

Do we know if there are any pollack showing on the wrecks yet?

Looking at the weather sites Sunday looks a better option for offshore.............................

Edited by duncan

Off out tomorrow with a friend, Mark.

Heading way off South of Weymouth in search of Ling and Pollock.

It is looking very hard though weep.gif with the charter boats as far west as Exmouth bringing just a few fish a day.

Not wishing to cop out, I have postponed my TV debut until the Spring as an email coming back from Chris Caines, after asking how things were and was there a dead cert started with, "It's Grim".

Oh well, TV stardum will hopefully come later in the year! biggrin.gif

Good luck to those fishing this weekend and see some of you at tomorrow's meeting.

Tom

I am hoping to get out on Sunday if the weather forecast holds good. Any inspiration on where to go (people often tell me where to go!) would be welcome. If it is reasonably calm it would be great to follow someone or meet at a mark with someone who might have a better catch record than me (that means probably anyone else in the club!).

After long drive down, we will be leaving from Cobbs, but probably not much before 9am...unless I really lean on the crew!

All the best, Mike F

Mike

If the forecast is good we will probably leave Rockley around 0830 or so so joining up my be practical.

I'll know by about 1400h Saturday when I will either be heading down to the boat - or not!

Unfortunately the gas boiler has started playing up this morning and this could prevent me heading off........... mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif ......... any experts on the Potterton Netaheat 10/16's ???