Chistmas Presents.

jack

I take it you got some nice gear for Chrisrmas Jack?

Come on tell us more!

For my part I got a cast iron smoke pot with various flavours smoke pellets to go on my Cobb - can't wait to try it out!

Amongst other things I managed a set of binoculars which look pretty tough for the boat and a Ron Thompson smoker. Only a cheap one (asked santa for it) as I haven't tried smoking fish yet, but it looks like it will do the job.

...only trouble is, I live two floors up in a flat and the grumpy old neighbours complain with a simple BBQ so god knows what they will think of this! mad.gif

Can't wait to try it out though!

Tom

Amongst other useful pressies....... I have an extra warm hat [ as previous one shrunk in the wash] ......... and some flashy digital scales to keep onboard and get a more precise weight ............in this competitive lark of pb. and % figures.

Just need to get out again [ but having to play domestic politics over holiday period !].

HAPPY HOLS.

Alun.

Amongst other useful pressies....... I have an extra warm hat [ as previous one shrunk in the wash] ......... and some flashy digital scales to keep onboard and get a more precise weight ............in this competitive lark of pb. and % figures.

Just need to get out again [ but having to play domestic politics over holiday period !].

HAPPY HOLS.

Alun.

Hi Alun

Good luck on the digital scales on board.

I have some and they are not accurate when the boat is moving about.

Been looking out for some lighter weight scales, spring type, for smaller species up to about 12lbs

The all seem exspensive even on Ebay. sad.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Andy got TWO new reels. A mitchell twin speed 20-30. [for great white's I think] and a Penn 6/0 or similar.. I myself got a very nice 8' plus 20lb hand built carbon boat rod..I have always wanted a long springy one ,with practically no weight...Didn't we do well ?. and thanks to patient wives who quietly listen to us rattling on,and obviously must take notes ,before going off to tackle shops ....jack