Cod Comp

Maverick Martin

At least the forecast looks reasonable for that period - either N 3s or possibly light variables if the system goes a little faster than predicted.

Might be a tad cold for the open boats though - still winter woolies and all that; wouldn't be cod fishing without eh?

Wouldn't be cod fishing without some cod either I suppose..........still 1 out of 2 ain't bad?

Sorry to hear that Charlie - however the forecast is now looking very poor for Thursday with the system having speeded up way too much from the look of things!

Wednesday looking stunning for those that can take advantage of it but fresh Southerlies forecast through Thursday will test everyone sad.gif

Still 3 days to go so maybe...............here's hoping!

Hoping to get out in the other boat "Nautibusiness" if I can persuade fishing mate Chris to join me.

Centre console boat so more than a tad chilly, which is why it may be tough to persuade Chris. The prospect of -4 first thing and a 30knot wind chill factor on the way out leaves a little to be desired, particularly for us fine weather fishermen, however what with the boat show in two weeks it will be my last chance of a winter Cod.

If we get out, hope to see some of you over at the car park.

Good luck and tight lines to all who make it.

Tom

PS:

Where is the sign in exactly as I haven't a clue, and what time?

Hi Tom

Details on our home page http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/

Martin

Just got back from dropping the littlen back to her mum's.

Chris called and has whoosed out with some excuse of "having a couple of things to do" so I won't be fishing now, but I may bomb out and see what is going on with my camera.

What general area is everyone likely to be at?

Needles?

Whatever, I will only have my hand held with me and no onboard charger so will only come on in emergencies so if you have any corking fish (or any cod at all for that matter) and fancy a decent offshore shot taken from a few yards away from the boat, call me only mobile 07780687795 and I will nip over to you.

All pics will be digitally available, but around 3Mb plus so email is not advisable, CD's better, saying that, someone needs to catch something first!!!

Call me if you have anything worth snapping.

Good luck

Tom

Tom,

I'll be out fishing.........but not in the comp., as I'm going out from Mudeford and don't want to go to Poole and back [twice].

Probably be on the Dolphin Sands area....... seems just as productive as the Needles for me [ and a much shorter trip].

Will call you up if Gordon or I catch anything worthwhile !!

Have a good day,

Alun.