Sea Angler Magazine Snubs Bass

Maverick Martin

Take a look here I couldnt believe my eyes.

All other magazines seem pleased to support this cause but Sea Angler seem's intent on putting their pockets before the sport that gives them their income/jobs

I for one won't buy another copy of Sea Angler....blooming thing is full of ads anyhow

Martin

Doesnt surprise me - I too havent purchased SA for over a year now - yes, loads of adverts, but also - guess the headline every Nov - ' Top 10 Tips to Catch a winter cod' etc, etc.....its the same inane drivel every month, at least BFM rings the changes and listens to its readers.

I read that with the same feelings as the rest of you, and I will write to the mags publisher to tell them what I think.

I will be voting with my feet and boycotting their mags,

1-0 to the BFM IMHO.

as Sam says our subscription has run out, I was thinking of ending it anyway as the mag has got thicker but only with adverts

The junior page is a joke, do they honestly think that a 7 year old landed an eel of 70lb plus? and although they gave Sam a nice prize [rod and reel] for junior fish of the month it took nearly a year after the fish was caught to get it.

The boys have caught many good fish in recent years and its a lottery if they get in to print or not.

Discussing things with them is very difficult

but worse of all in my opinion is the timing of the articles, tope fishing ones at Christmas and winter Cod ones in June happen all the time, I like to read up on things just prior to or during there season to see if I can improve my techniques or learn a few tips to get more fish.

Martin Can you add this to the other forum as I do not have permission

Thanks

Charlie biggrin.gif