To Ventnor And Back

crazy fred

Tommy turns up early he must be keen, he hasn't touched a cod yet this season so were going on a long trip.After 1hr an 15 mins of 25 knts with the tide we reach are mark off ventnor.Two hours of flood tide left i loose three decent fish to rubbish knots and one bite off and tommy drags in a conger 30+.Tide cuts we make the decision to go back to a mark off freshwater 15miles but its on the way home.Stick the hook straight in and have coffee and bacon butty.Tide starts to trickle, so out go the rods, tide starts to tramp so more weight on goes 1lb 1/2, 10mins later the rod whacks over, so i give it some line then its time to see whats on the end, i strike one way but the fish wants to go the other, 15 mins later we see the fish , tommy say's it wont fit in the net i calmly tell him make it !!!!!!! fit, then its over the gunnel she comes , so after a bit of back slapping we stick it on the scales and it goes 25lb 14oz digital! christmas has come early

post-14-1135117261.jpg