Braid

jack

Jack............another small pointer, bearing in mind that u are filling the spool entirely of braid, I use my braid for one year, remove it, turn it back to front, then respool, hopefully giving you unused braid on the top on the respooling.....far more cost effective than buying braid...using a third of it, then bunging the rest, which is potentially spankers.

Rich

Rich's point is another good reason to use about 200m lengths although to be perfectly honest 100m lengths to backing reversed each season has to be the most efficent and cost effective solution in our waters.

Kam - I would point to this months BFM. More than once and in club waters - with Jack's luck you just know it's going to happen!

Surely a porbeagle will bite thru anything including the largest mono or any tope/conger trace? Unless you are using a proper shark trace, then if you are, you expect a porbeagle or blue, so tackle loses is expected.

Kam,

In my view, there's no point at all in using braid for shark!

You need maximum shock absorption that good sporting mono gives...... the bite detection is obvious ohmy.gif

Braid is quite durable in some circumstances, but its greatest asset is in straight line contact and feel, not abrasion resistance as some would advertise.

Wedger

Wedger, Kam wasn't suggesting braid for sharking at all...........and neither was I !

Sharks came into it as a possible way to loose all your expensie braid - BFM this month makes reference to a couple of people being 'spooled' by porgies grabbing their hooked fish, and I am aware of at least 2 others this year who suffered a similar fate! all in club waters of course........