Sat Trip Anyone?

Manic Moore

Gordon,

Just looked at the forecast and I see what you mean. I might go for a Sunday trip ( I am going to see if I can persuade my son to go ) as the weather looks the best for then.

If not then I could be up for a Saturday PM trip for Conger on the ledge ( dependant on how much of a swell is left from Friday ).

HW at Freshwater bay is at 10:07.

Will let you know re: mackeral when we get out there smile.gif

I fished the bridge using stormies a couple of months ago and we had two fish each that day, so that will be my backup plan.

Also, I think we will be fishing Freshwater bay as well ( will decide when we get there )

Launching from Wick at 6.00 AM and I think Manatee is launching at around 6:15-6:30 ish ( I need a head start smile.gif ).

I will be fishing on Neo with a work colleague.

Thanks Paul D

Early for me is about 07:30 so with a bit of luck we will be on station around 09:30 unless I can persuade lazy crew to get up earlier and there is enough water in the river to get of the mooring.

I'll get some stormies today but would appreciate info on makerals.

Regards

John C

John

try 1 or 2 miles SW of the xchurch ledge on the way over, or just on the edge of the ledge, straight out from highcliff on the 30 to 70ft slope .If that fails Out past the bridge about 1/2 mile of the back of the Island if there not there just keep trying further out!

Good luck

James

Thanks James

Managed two makeral on the last spot then a couple of scad while the feathers where hanging over the side during the tea break. Nice Bass to the crew though on a frozen and twice refrozen 6" makeral of dubious age. Only 4.5lb but a nice fish. Thought I sam Neo out there and tried the radio. Is it channel 4 or 6 that we use??

John C

John,

Were you anchored up close to another boat ? We came along, fished for around 15-30 minutes and then moved off. Maverick was anchored close by as well.

Channel 6 is the channel to be switched to. I was listening out but didnt hear you call.