Storm Wildeye Sandeel

jack

Got myself a couple of packs of 6" sandeel as title. to use from the zodiac in North Wales. I usually use live [if I can get them} or frozen if I cant. I fish them on a long trace ,10' or more with just a pea size ball lead on the mainline. I lip hook the eel,in each case. Is this the way to use the jelly style eel ? or is there a different aproach required. I use a 1/0 fine wire hook usually,but thought I might try the 1/0 circle hooks...always willing to learn,never too proud to ask...jack

post-9-1124817866.gif

Jack, Ive used these sandeels for a while now.......on the wrecks, for pollock, I use a 6/0 mustad hook, and found that the eel will be plucked off if you dont place it quite far along the hook. On finer work, like bass drifting, I've used a 2/0 finer hook, but passed the sandeel over the point and just up the bend, leaving more body free flowing which gives the lure its excellent swimming action, even in very light tide. Couple this onto a good fluerocarbon leader, you will catch!!

Hope this helps.....Rich