Effin Sailing Club Idiots

Gnasher

Pebble Dash was put in at Wick on yesterdays high water, just moored with premission by the slip. Its only here for a couple of days until the engine was sorted.

Anyway, we thought we had everything running sweet today, fired up her up, took her out towards clay pool and she cuts out. A fuel problm??? Well we put 60 quid in so she cant of run dry. We managed to get her going again, after ages of her turning over and turned back, she cut out again and we drifted in towards the sailing club. Tied it up there and spent ages with a marine engineer trying to sort it. Whatever we tried, just wouldnt go, in the end we run both batteries flat. We asked in the sailing club if it was ok there for an hour, we were told in no uncertain terms where we can go and take our boat!!!! Anyway, a so called Coast Gaurd from the sailing club said he would move us, BUT ONLY 20METERS away from his patch, we begged for him to tow us towards the slip and he said he would. Got within 50 m of the slip and he unties his end and leaves us to drift in the channel. We called him and we only got 'well your away from our patch now'. Drifted into a moored boat and held it for a while so we wouldnt drift any further. In the ed we had to wait for the tide to drop a bit, I has my brother wade up to his chin until he reached a rope that we chucked him. She is still by the slip, try and get her tommorrow. Thanks a bunch you stuck up pr*cks!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the boat has tested me to the limit, and im going to get rid of her, clean her up, get her running right and sell her on. Anyone guess that im in a bad mood??? Ive spent all my time since she was put under in muddiford harbour getting her ready and she lets me down. sad.gif

Dan

p.s sea trout everywhere

Bad luck Dan. Look at the bright side, welcome to the joy and heartache of being a boat owner.

A customer who owned a strings of boats once told me, the happiest time of owning a boat are

1) the day you buy her

2) the day you sell her...... blink.gif

Dan

Hard luck mate, sad when a plan doesn't come together.

Regarding the sailing club I would suggest a stern letter of complaint to the clubs commodore. He will be the top guy at that site and commodores usually take the reputation of there club and the actions of there members very seriously.

Regarding the coastguard (if that's what he was) I would recommend taking his name or number and reporting him to the MCA (his peers) http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/mcga-home for leaving a craft in a dangerous situation. You were obviously left in waters to deep to wade ashore with no means of propulsion, my guess is he would be in very hot water

Let us know how you get on

Martin

Many thanks guys. Martin, I will definatley go down that route. It was very dangerous and something that I wouldn't reccomend. There was 3 of them in the boat who were ment to be the so called sailing club coastguards.

Kam, you are right!!! The thing is though I still want a boat, but she is cursed. I buy and sell boats and we seem to get them very cheap so I might get something cheap, smaller and more practical. Ive got my eye on a 17ft shetland as I would prefer a boat with a decent size cabin so the family can enjoy it aswel. Oh, theres a 17ft Dory on my drive and a 14ft speed boat so maybe one of them will do,hehe

Its late and im still wound up, cant sleep as I only got boats and christchurch sailing club on the brain and I want to go fishing!!!! OR give up and buy a caravan!!!! (thats the missus putting demen thoughts inside me again).

Dan

sorry to hear of your troubles

I would back up Martins advice 100% and suggest a strong but polite letter to the Club Commodore, giving details date and time.

I work at a Yacht Club and know that they do not take such things lightly.

Towing you off their patch and casting you free in a disabled boat is not the behavior of responsible seafarers. perhaps a slight suggestion that you may write to the Royal Yachting Association or the Yachting press may add some weight.

Charlie