Japanese Half Circle Hooks

Newboy

I bought a selection of different sizes few weeks ago, tried them out today, had pouts (stopped counting after 20), a 10lb ling and even mackerals.

For the ling I used a 6/0 with a mackeral head, it sits so pretty on the hook and all fish hooked themselves (although, pouts do anyway). They are of the wire type, so rag is good on them too.

I bought 50 each of the size, so if you want a try let me know, I will send you a couple to try out.

Nice one Kam - where did you get the ling?

A few of us (me included) are either coming round or already using circles - I still need a little more convincing in certian situations but think they work very well when used correctly.

We was drifting a wreck about 16 miles south of Portland Bill.

Not sure if I use them correctly or not, I just leave the dame thing down there (bumping on the bottom) and let the fish do the work. 2 other ling was also boarded, one at about 15 and the other about 8, both spilled their guts cos they were deeply hooked, my hook was nicely on the corner of it's mouth.

What I have found out about the pouts, they prefer the beads, all the other guys were catching pouts, but my scratching trace (thanks Billy) which is full of beads and queins, works so well, as soon as it hit the bottom, within 1 minutes (mostlt within 20 seconds) I caught countless pairs using the rig.

What I have found out about the pouts, they prefer the beads, all the other guys were catching pouts, but my scratching trace (thanks Billy) which is full of beads and queins, works so well, as soon as it hit the bottom, within 1 minutes (mostlt within 20 seconds) I caught countless pairs using the rig.

Hi Kam

Can you describe or draw this rig so I might get a chance at some fish one day?

Thanks

Coddy

cool.gif

The easiest way to describe it, is to think of it as a Paternoster fish ledger style. You can have as many dropper loop in the line as you like, and one hook at the end. I only have 1 loop and one hook at the end cos I use them for club comps.

Billy's version has a bead and a queins, I went a litttle crazy and put half a dozen beads and flashy bits on it.

Jack

When the kids are on holiday perhaps you and Andy would like to take us out.

I will take you to a wreck where it usually takes less than/about 2 seconds for a pout to find any worm sent down.

The small ones can then be treated to some steel and sent back for the eels.

Charlie biggrin.gif