New Boat - Where To Go?

will church

My new boat has arrived and should be kitted out with all safety gear for a run out on Sunday (all seemed to work on the 'dry' run on the Thames).

I have never fished in the solent ever before (gulp), can anyone point me out a couple of marks that are fairly sheltered, easily reachable, and there is a good chance of catch something (oh just anything!) Quite fancy taking a bream home!

Failing that is anyone else planning a trip out on Sunday that I could 'shadow'?

Many thanks

Will

When we fished the solent last week the weed was horrendous. Hopefully, this shan't be as bad next week as I think the tide is smaller.

Not sure on bream marks in the Solent. ( apart from marks where you can catch REALLY small bream ! ). Christchurch Ledge is the place I would go for the for larger ones but this is not in the Solent of course.

Will,

Head for Sowley Boom for smoothies to squid and peeler and small bream to worms. Rays to mackerel and the odd bass thrown in. Smaller tides are better as less weed = more fishing time.

It is marked on the charts and clearly visable. Look for the stakes in the water stretching towards the IOW, fishing about 1/4 mile off the end of them in about 25-30'.

Launch at Lymington. If you want marks for Chritchurch, send me a PM and Ill dig a few out for you.

Adam

My new boat has arrived and should be kitted out with all safety gear for a run out on Sunday (all seemed to work on the 'dry' run on the Thames).

I have never fished in the solent ever before (gulp), can anyone point me out a couple of marks that are fairly sheltered, easily reachable, and there is a good chance of catch something (oh just anything!) Quite fancy taking a bream home!

Failing that is anyone else planning a trip out on Sunday that I could 'shadow'?

Many thanks

Will

Don't worry Will, in this club there's plenty of people that'll tell you where to go if you shadow them out to there favourite mark laugh.gif

Jokes apart, I know you will get loads of help and advice, and some of it might even be usefull laugh.gif

Mad Mike