Fuel Tanks Connectors

Newboy

I have 3 tanks with quicksilveer tank connectors in the boat, one went with the Mercury 100, but I got a new one with the Tohatsu. the dealer very nicely changed the connector on one of the 2 old one to the Tohatsu type, but the Quicksilver tank I cannot change because the connector is part a big 'blob' which also includes the fuel left/level window.

What should I do?

flog the tank and get a new one with a tomahtsu fitting..................the only other option that was open to you (replace the male end on the new engines fuel pipe with a mercury one) is no longer sensible.

csomeone here will want a merc one surely.....

To get the terminology spot on there are two main types of O/B fuel connectors.

Mercury (quicksilver)

and

OMC (Outboard Marine Company) which was the old Evinrude/Johnson set up.

It's quite easy to change the fuel PIPE ends to suit the tank fittings, less easy to change the tank fittings.

However why not make a short tail tail fuel pipe with a Mercury (male end) to fit the tank and an OMC (male end ) to accept the female end of the existing pipe.

Most O/B engineers have this bit of kit so they only need one fueltank at the engine testing bay.

Tank/pipe/fuel fittings can be found on Ebay or any O/B engine breaker

Mad Mike