Warrior Fuel Tanks

plaicemat

As Coddy says, you can either have 2 x 25l tanks like me that fit the drain sump under the transom or one large 50l tank - but option is too heavy to remove if full, I prefer the 2 tanks - also gives you the advantange of being able to swap tanks (contaminated fuel, lending fuel to a buddy etc)

The 175 and the 195 have integral.

Adam

o/k, one more point before I go chasing round the country looking at some, what time range would 2 x 25ltr tanks give with a 60hp mariner elpto bigfoot?

Hi Terry

The problem in answering the question is how fast are you going and what is the sea state. unsure.gif

To give you an idea my 60 4stroke gives me about 20+ miles range on one tank at about a crusing speed of 20kts (4500 -5000 rpm) with a bit of small speed trolling/finding the best location to drop anchor. rolleyes.gif

If heading into to a short chop and not wanting to slam the boat and get wet the hull never gets on the plane so the fuel consumption goes down to about 12 to 15 mile range. I have kept a record of the the boats fuel usage and distance travelled for each trip and it works out about 0.9ltrs per mile.

The 2 stroke will be a bit thirstier but I am sure Lookfar will advise you as he has this set up on his 165. sad.gif

There seems to be plenty of Warriors on the market at the moment, remember that the Mk2 Warrior came out in 2001 which has rounded edges to the cuddy and gunnels.

If you want to have a look at mine or a trip out give me a shout.

Coddy

cool.gif

No, Martin, not yet. But I am looking at a couple of Warrior 165's this week and hopefully may have some good news to post ere long. You realise my wife blames you for this change of boat!

Thanks for the advise, Coddy. That was exactly what I was looking for. It should be somewhat less thirsty than my 90's mariner 50 on the Micro-Plus. Also the extra space will be much appreciated.

No, Martin, not yet. But I am looking at a couple of Warrior 165's this week and hopefully may have some good news to post ere long. You realise my wife blames you for this change of boat!

Thanks for the advise, Coddy. That was exactly what I was looking for. It should be somewhat less thirsty than my 90's mariner 50 on the Micro-Plus. Also the extra space will be much appreciated.

The Warrior at the brokerage firm by the leavel crossing at Lymington has had a hard old life and I think is well expensive. We looked at and rejected it, but may be it's been repriced now.

Mad Mike