Tachometer

Paul D

I was searching for a tachometer which I could attach to the Honda and found a small company in the USA which makes small tachometers.

They have a UK supplier, so I decided to pop off an e-mail to them and see how much they were in the UK.

Well - tried the tachometer and it works a treat.

The only downside is the leads are not long enough to put the tacho in my instrument panel. I placed it in the battery compartment at the back of the boat ( only need to see it for a quick look to see how many revs engine is doing ).

The unit is sealed so ideal for a marine environment. The battery in the unit is not replacable but apparently last for 5 years. ( Lithium battery ).

For

and Honda is doing 5,800 RPM max so within the operating range of 5,000 - 6,000 RPM

although I wasnt able to do the speed I could previously due to being two up and the sea being somewhat rougher

sounds like you have cracked the setup Paul well done.

Isnt the tacho just an electronic instrument, can the wires not be extended with a good quality wire with good conductivity? can the resistance of a couple of feet make that much differance.

most Tacho's that I have fitted are fed from a cable [on the loom] coming out of the control box which is allready some way from the engine.

I know with your background that you would have thought of that, just not sure why you can not mount it on the console in easy viewing.

Charlie