Junior comp weather watch 9th Sept

Mal Thomas

Indeed - with the lead up to it being W \ SW winds I am expecting it to be good around ballad\swanage etc, the predicted swell is WSW too, again in out favour.

All watching with baited breath.

With a finish at 15:00 i hope we are going to miss most \ if anything. By 14:00 we shoudl be scratching around the Cobb's pontons for a lesser spotted 3 horned pipefish.

Rob

As this is the presentation and last day I am trying very hard not to cancel, as we do have some shelter from a SW wind. I suggest we restrict it to the Harbour with a view to possibly inside old Harry with a diagonal line to Durley rocks.

This includes some rocky features for fishing. If the forecast worsens then it will be the harbour only.

Rob and other competitors can discuss on the morning and make a final call as they are mostly committee members fishing.

There are some good features to fish West of the channel in the lee of the cliffs and before Old Harry.

Hi all 

with the forecast 15 force four 

gusting 20 force 5 

im afraid I won’t be taking  my five year old out in that 

I don’t want to put her off for life 

for all of you that fish 

tight lines and stay safe🎣🎣

Ok keV, thanks for letting us know.

We are still on and will make the harbour or outside call in the am. Good thing about knowing all the skippers!

I see gusts are top F4 and SW so should be plenty of places to shelter. Scratching about for bass, gobies, bream and wrasse.

Shame Studland is devoid of life!!!

See those that fish tomorrow, on the water or at the BBQ.

Rob