Short day in the bay

Reel Wizzard

Such a nice day on Monday that we (Nobby) and I decided to have a late start. we popped out to the Gully just to see if we could get something on slack water and start of ebb, Nobby dropped down and had a nice blounde ray of about 20lb followed by me with a small undulate of about 8lb Nobby then had a couple of strap congers about 5lb each before i got what i am guessing was a shark take a mackerel strip, it just ran off at a rate of knots which i could do very little about before stopping, I thought it had bit me off so started winding in when off it went again was down to my backing when luckily it did bite me off so I got my 300yards of new braid back. Tide really picked up after that so we moved back in to the secret ray mark. it was quite slow and all we had was a couple more small undulates some doggies and a pout,  just as we reeled in Nobby had a 3lb Brill which was released. Not lots of fish but a nice short session on a lovely day. Hope to get out again on Thursday which will see us back to the Isle of Wight although I now know of a nice Cod (18lb) being caught in the Bay.