Utopia Marine Conservation Zone (MCZ)

Coddy

Chris Holloway, chairman of the Wessex AT, has asked me to post the following:

This may also affect our proposed MCZ at Poole Patch

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam

Sussex IFCA are carrying out an initial consultation on Utopia MCZ and we are asking for your thoughts on how you think the MCZ should be managed, how often you and your members use the site, what are your target species and what are your practices when using the site (ie catch and release).

For those of you who belong to the sea angling committee run by Southern IFCA, I hope to attend your next meeting and speak to you personally about this topic.

Please be aware that this is the initial consultation, therefore any comments made will help us getting a better understanding of the site and how it is used. Formal consultations will occur in the future and I hope you get as many of your members to attend these meetings. The location of any meetings has yet to be decided but no doubt they will be in your neck of the woods.

Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions.

Many thanks

Barry Goodhew

Angling Development Officer

Sussex Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority.

12A Riverside Business Centre, Brighton Road, Shoreham-by-Sea,

West Sussex, BN43 6RE 

Tel: 01273 454407 Fax: 01273 464668

Mob: 07392 197886

Web: www.sussex-ifca.gov.uk

Sussex_ifca  Sussex ifca