Portland chopper

codpiece

I have just heard (i can't guarantee its truth) that last week the search and rescue chopper at Portland has been withdrawn  the base is now committed to repairs only!!! if correct this means no permanent Helicopter from way west(i believe Devon)to east of Southampton ( probably Pompey)   frightningly this  makes the removal 1 of 3  RNLI craft from Poole almost pale into insignificance Harsh but true especially for those of us who had learnt to rely on the attendance of arial assistance at the end of a radio call  for the type of help and expertise we do not have   The situation of being at sea searching vast areas or checking beaches at the base of cliffs without airborne help is very worrying.   the isle of white boats will have "fun" round the needles and over the shingles !!!                                                tight lines to you all & please be safe.    Derek.    :(  :mellow: