Friday out on Marichelle

Coddy

Mick (Sparky) invited me out on Friday for a trip to charge up his batteries as he has been away on holiday and not used his boat for a few weeks.

As we could not decide where to go I suggested to get out of the harbour and see what the sea state was like.

So at around 9:30 we met down at the pontoon and had to wait for about 20mins for the tide to come in enough for us to leave the pontoon.

An easy trip down to the quay where we saw that massive yacht that Rob posted about.

With the speed limit lifted we got out quickly and found the sea state quite lumpy with wind over tide.

Having got to our secret mark we thought we would try sitting the lumps out for a while and see how it went, down went the pick and with a cold wind blowing on the stern we sent some baits out. 

It wasn't long before the first fish arrived a small eyed ray, then doggies and more small eyed and spotted rays. 

I hooked into something which put a large bend into my uptider but the snood parted company so we will never no what it was.

Mick got a nice undulate which put a good bend into his rod but it turned out to only a small one of around 8.5lb

The day improved when the sun came out and we swung around in the tide so that the cabin sheltered us from the wind.

All in all we had around 15 rays including a small Blonde and numerous doggies but no other species.

A great day out in the fresh air and not having to work.

Thanks for the trip Mick and hope we can do it again soon.

Dave

post-39-0-54713100-1477167748_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-63781500-1477167785_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-38787400-1477168061_thumb.jpg