Magnet

Wedger

There's another wedge of Magnet around at the moment if any members didn't get their trial pack from Martin. Also a few more small ones for the Weymouth ankle biters Billy. Anyone got a freezer or two to sell or pass on? unsure.gif They don't have to be pretty.... Just need to work! My 13.5 packed up... messy job sick.gif

As and when you use Magnet, let me know how it goes. I know it's early yet but any info is good biggrin.gif

I think the idea is a tube with a semi covered end which the groundbaot can be dropped into. ( I am sure it was your Dad who mentioned its use in New Zealand )

I have an idea how to do this ( attach tube to back of boat and then lower when over mark ). Groundbaot could then melt in the tube which would have been lowered to get the groundbait down to where it is wanted.

Guest fish finger

How about making a groundbait disperser like a a larger swimfeeder used in freshwater? I was thinking something like this, with the main part made from a baked bean can with several holes punched in it to let the groundbait disperse and a lid. You could lower it to whatever depth you wanted on either a hand line or a spare rod and could adjust the weight to position it. Has this been tried before?

post-5-1111403958.jpg

Let the ideas flow!!!

wink.gif

You can use a smaller version of the plastic net tube they use for protecting bottles in transit. Suggest about 30-50mm expanded, and as long as you want to cut it. You need an extra swivel or stopper on the hook snood. Slip the tube up the hook length and use a cable tie to secure above the stopper. Fill the bag from the hook end and tie off with string or cable tie. This gives you options in any tide (choosing the right size), prevents tangles as it is rigged in-line, and drops the sent right over your hook bait. Presto Almost weed free if neatly rigged and collapses as it dispenses if the bottom tie isn

Hail the Carp Boys (167 x 20lb+ and 6 x 30lb+ carp ...... maybe if I drop a fish meal Boilie then I may have more chance of catching a cod next Dec/Jan) If you use PVA when the when the water has warmed up a bit then it will disolve in around 10 second, dependind on the manufacturer. Defo wouldnt be any good for this kind, if the groundbait is slightly damp aswel it will go through the bag before youve had time to tape/string the top of the bag.

Dan

Does groundbait have to be frozen?

Can it be in dough form, fishy stuff mix with oakmeal/rice/flour/sweetcorn/anything? Use a long piece of PVC pipe with holes drilled in and leaded to the bottom of the seabed with the groundbait pushed in hard, should take a while for it to be washed out, shouldn't it?

dry.gif Looks like this idea must have been in my vault of useful tips for some time. Just didn't register that it was available commercially. I'll find an industrial supplier of the net tube. It