JV Goes Deep

Rob

JV hits the wrecks

Joint Venture headed out at 7 with the usual suspects aboard (Alderney crew with no Alderney).

Headed out in sloppy and bumpy conditions, with JV keeping a steady 19knts.

Too many odd swells upsetting the balance for even me to sleep!

After some distance (don't ask me for wreck details, I have no idea). We were drifting over a sloppy but manageable sea.

We picked up a few cod and very few pollack. The odd flubber committing suicide on the lures too!

The lack of pollack was disturbing.

No macs on the sounder and a doggy for Adam "you don't get them this deep" Franklin, whilst trying for a dingaling at slack water.

Lunch was a great leek, ham and jalapeño pasta bake, and we confirm that red wine does was off flexi-teak ok.

After sharing a few unproductive wrecks with some weymouth charter boats, we shot in to DL for a crack at the bream (doggies only).

Brothers Jones made the most of the sun by relaxing on deck out if the wind. I assumed usual snoozing and Adam made the most of the autopilot by making a brew whilst "driving"!

Nice cruise back and not a drop of rain all day, mostly georgeous sun with a brisk wind.

In the end we had more cod than pollack, something just wasn't right. They had switched off for some reason, even trying the same wrecks on the ebb and flood made no difference.

Fish and boat cleaned down at anchor in the shelter of the Jurassic coast, we could have stayed longer, but a pint at PBM was calling.

Great day, thanks chaps & recent mods / additions to JV worked well.

Bring on the photoshoot next weekend and Alderney the week after!

Rob

I had a play with a new toy for wrecking, don't bother, pain in the wotsits!

No only is it just the right height for the spinny bits to hit the gunnels, but much harder to feel the lead touch the wreck.

Had some more snag ups than usual, so switched back to a multiplier after lunch.

Be fun no doubt for anchored / drifting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462089904.266503.jpg