Bob F Switch panel

Manic Moore

Gordon, yes the LED's will need an earth. Sorry, I thought I'd shown that at the club meeting. Glad the panel works. It was a nice panel.

What's the problem with the VHF? How do you know it's not getting a signal? Are you in range of other VHF's or are you using a handheld to send a signal to it?

BF

I was with Paul this afternoon and it was the first time its been down to the water since the VHF was fitted. It all turned on allright but I'm not certain what is supposed to show on the screen. Channel number was there and that was it. Paul seemed to know and he took the arial out the back of the set and thinks that I need to refit it as most of the core wire had shredded off after being taken apart 2 or 3 times.

I will have another go and probably take it down to the coast with a small battery and have a fiddle

Thanks

Gordon

Looking at the photo of cushdy on another post, you have the same aerial as mine. Make sure not only the plug in at the radio end is in good contact, but the areial end too. Mine didn't work until I cut back on the sleeve and stuck it further up the areial.

Thanks for all your help.

I have done what looks like a good job on the set end and it's a good tight fit, ( as the actress said to the bishop!). As I would now have to dismantle the other end I'll take you up on your offer Adam. Probably easiest if you are coming through from work, let me know and if I can get home you can put it in the car.

Gordon

Ps did you get my text for that insurance broker?