Hello from down under

loyal royal

Hello everyone sorry it's been a while got up this morning and I thought I would have a look at what you guys have been catching I have not been on this site for a few years now it's good to see there are still some cod about and it looks like some good Ray's as well . This time of year it's pretty cold out there on the water especially when you are stood in the water at baiter park waiting for your mate to park the car so is the fishing quite hard or are they jumping on ? .

Mark b

Hi Mark The weather here has not really been that cold ? and water temp is well up on normal for the time of year. got to say the fishing is also well above par for the time of year with lots of fish getting caught that you would not normally expect to catch until later in the year. Still lots of Bass about altough we are not allowed to keep any also all types of rays, spurdogs, Cod,few smoothounds, Congers nearly every other drop on the big baits,some nice whiting, still plenty of Flounders few Plaice, herring, Bullhuss, and the lots of dogfish. also the Pollock have now started on the wrecks with the odd one popping up inshore. The only down side has been the amount of wind this last three months which has made getting out very hard with just small weather windows with some trips just for half a day.

Hi charlie yes ryan is now driving as he is 16 james is 13 julies good fishing is good when I can get out there its a long weekend this weekend so we are going to Kawau for two nights and two days fishing I hope (weather permitting should) the snappers are coming into the gulf to spawn at the moment so they are not really interested in eating but we will have a go there's a lot of kingfish around at the moment so that's always a option I will send some photos over to you mate and you can post some for us .

Cheers mark