Warrior 165

Guest Kaptin Kod

Hi Kaptin Kod,

I presume you are talking about the trailer wheels, and I presume you have an Indespension Rollercoaster?? If so the grease points are behind the rubber bearing savers on the hub - slide this off and you should see a nipple in the middle.

Adam

I doubt wether the helm unit will need grasing. Though I would grease the engine swivel at the grease nipples on the outboard and also smear some grease on the exposed part of the cable where it goes thru the tilt tube.

Don't mix greases. Find out what has been used an stick to using that type otherwise you'll have probs in the future.

Kod,

Why do you need to grease the unit? The Warriors (newer models anyway) come with no feedback steering which is meant to be a little stiff to prevent the boat from wondering.

Ill have a look at mine in a bit and see if I can see a grease nipple, but im 99% sure they dont have one at the console end, just some at the outboard end as this is the only exposed section.

Adam

Ditto, I don't think you can grease steering wheel. Sometime if you leave your boat for a long time withoput using it, water gets in the helm and cable, rust/matters appear on the cable making it difficult to turn.

If you start to feel resistance at turning, it's probably the cable in the sleeve starting to stick. Best option is to buy and fit a new steering helm plus cable.