trips/holidays in france

jack

If you already know about this I apologise,but.Most of the French Hypermarkets have a really good fishing section, I usually buy my addative oils,ie Pilchard,and even Shark liver [dont open indoors] oil in I litre plastic bottles,at a ridiculously low price.Could help to offset the Booze expenditure !

Yes Paul I think he is wink.gif

When we were over there last summer in southern Brittany we found a couple of fishing cooperative shops that stocked a good range of nicely priced shads and other artificials.

They also stocked an interesting range of Livebait buckets, a strong outer one and another plastic mesh like one with a hinged lid that fitted inside it.

The idea was that the bait was in the inner bucket with the outer bucket full of fresh sea water while you were enroute, then while fishing some bait was left in the outer bucket while the rest was lowered on a rope to the sea to keep it alive.

I wish I had picked one up but the car was so packed already I might have had to eject Wendy's wine wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Mind you a lot of the fish we saw being caught in the harbours would have fitted into these buckets so perhaps the Frech use them to keep their catch fresh for tea.

Charlie

Auchan do stock a good selection of gear, we go over about every twelve weeks to stock up witht the old vino colapso. I have seen Sabiki lures at very good prices, but not as keen as Florida ones...so I'll wait till we visit FLA again this year. I'll check prices when i nip over this month.

Rich