Inspired by maccy cam. Bottom Cam

jamesm

HI,

My first post here, been lurking and loved the maccy cam footage. So I started to experiment with my gopro and used a small bag with chopped fish just below the camera. A bit hit and miss, but tried a few marks out of Poole over the weekend on some of the reefs (Marks's Reef & Southbourne Rough) and got some great footage. The bag was ripped to bits in the end by the endless dogfish attention. We caught plenty of dogfish and some very nice smooth hounds, rays and other stuff on the day too. I can't help thinking the bait trail provided better sport than normal, espicially given the lack of tide on Sunday.

Anyway, here is the footage, it is more clear if you click HD.

Nice video James - suprising just how many fish are down there - makes me wonder why I don't catch them!

That's a VERY BIG DITTO from me Olie.

Perhaps that's why there's a few down there - - - - I just feed them ! :P

Welcome James.

Jim

Hi,

I just drilled a hole in a large perk and used that to bolt the camera to. I could swap it end to end for different shots. 

Next time I will make the bait bag further away and weight it down. That way it will get 360 degree footage from above. (or at least thats the plan)

I'll also take my laptop next time so I can review the footage on the day and change tactics depending to what's down there. It would have been nice to score one of those red mullet for example.