Welcome Fish Finger

Paul D

Guest fish finger

Hello all,

I have enjoyed reading some of your forum and am looking forward to taking part.

I am due to get a boat that will be moored in Christchurch in April and am looking forward to doing some fishing. I am interested in joining the club and I wondered if someone would send me some information/membership pack.

thanks in advance

Alex

Welcome Fish Finger,I too have gathered together the gear to try out sea-fly fishing,it's got to produce more than my normal results.Be interesting to compare notes once things get started....Anyone any idea on what flies you use for Wreck Fishing ?

Guest fish finger

I'm not sure about fly fishing on wrecks as I can imagine it being quite difficult to get the fly deep enough. Maybe fishing a relatively shallow wreck with a fast sinking line would work?

With regards to flys I would guess that a large streamer type fly with a sandeel type shape would do the business for pollack and bass.

I have never heard of anyone catching a ling or cod on a fly, but there is always a chance i suppose! Maybe the use of a little bait on the fly would increase chances!

I wonder if there are any other fish that take artificials that might be tempted with a fly?

I have never heard of anyone catching a ling or cod on a fly, but there is always a chance i suppose! Maybe the use of a little bait on the fly would increase chances!

I wonder if there are any other fish that take artificials that might be tempted with a fly?

Some of the cod rigs/lures are made of feathers.

Guest fish finger

I believe they are made from marabou which when when wet will form a slim profile when pulled though the water. However when the strip is stopped the material 'puffs' out and sinks when it is stationary. Apparantly this action makes the fish go wild!