Parkstone Bay 21 Fuel Filter Housing

Roger

Can anyone assist, my boat has a Mercedes OM636 Engine which has developed a crack in the filter housing, not sure why needless to say once warm it starts leaking fuel into the bilge. Not flooding out needless to say a leak.

Phoned around a few places can only get a replacement alternative which needs a fab kit to get it to fit.

Thought I would ask does anyone know anyone who may have an old engine being  used for parts or a boat which is being broken up?

Not sure why it has cracked, think it was there when I bought the boat and has just got worse

appreciate any help or if anyone knows an alternative would be great, I believe the original is Bosch, spoke with Mercedes Parts who in short burst out laughing

regards

Just googled and not sure if these people would be able to help http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Westfield4x4/OM-636-Diesel-Engine.html or if they are even legit but might be worth a cautious prod

Martin

spoke with these this morning they have the replacement kit, they specialize in OM636 engines the whole job is circa £120 quid plus Vat which is not the end of the world just more ammo for the mrs, thought I would try PBSBAC just in case someone new of an old engine kicking about or even a boat that was being broken