Sunday 7th June

Coddy

Was invited out with Alan on Fisheagle and we had decided to try a new area to see what was about.

Left Cobbs at about 9.30 and we were able to get under the twin sails bridge but timed it just right to get out on the old Poole bridge opening. Noticed Frisky Fox in the holding pound and gave them a wave. :)

He had decided to head East for a change, we passed the Patch which had a few boats on it and headed for Southbourne Rough, had a couple of drifts but nothing connected to me but Alan had a couple of nice Pollock and a poor cod & pout so onwards to try Christchurch Ledge.

As we were not interested in going just for bream we dropped the pick just behind the ledge in what looked an interesting area. There were quite a few boats around so hopes were high for a good day.

Within minutes I started to get bites, true they turned out to be doggies but with each of us with two rods out there was many times all four rods were banging away. :D  

Not only did we land in the kennels but we also picked up some nice sized bream, most went back but a couple were kept for Alan's tea :P

It has been a long time since we both enjoyed constant fish coming aboard, we even managed some mackerel!!!

As the tide dropped so did the fishing so we moved back West a bit to try another mark that looked interesting some time ago but nothing there and by this time the sea state was getting sloppy so we headed inshore a bit for a drift on the Saddler bank but only managed a single doggy so I suspect the trawlers have been sweeping the area again. :angry:

Headed in for the 5.30 bridges, many others had the same idea and the holding pound was quite crowded but we managed to get under the twin sails bridge without waiting for it to lift so we did not have to put up with all the boat traffic getting back into the berth.

Thanks for a good trip Alan, shame we did not increase your species this time but it was good to try Christchurch as it has been a number of years since I have been down there for one reason or another.

Dave

Well done both. We also tried Southbourne Rough, catching bream with a bonus plaice. We then dropped the hook on club mark x-ray, but only had doggies and bream, the bream taking whole squid on 5/0 hooks at times. When hook sizes were reduced, they were a bit easier to hook :)

We had newish members John and Jane on board, who loved the return trip in the sea breeze, with the engine off.

Mike