Outboard Engine

Roger

Must have been the absolute kiss of death "boat is running great mate", now that I have the starter motor sorted, thank you for the advice - all

It appears that the small outboard I purchased with the boat was not as great as first thought, in fact totally shot is the technical term.

Does anyone have a cheap outboard for sale, only want it as a reserve should I need to limp back to a safer place, dont care what make or what it looks like - It will need to be able to push a Parkstone Bay 21 about should the need arise.

Cannot go out until I find one

I work to the principle of one decent well maintained engine is better than an ok one and a spare. (Kiss of bl00dy death now for me next week!!!!)

Think about fuel, if you main engine is 2smoke premix, maybe get a backup that is premix ect so you can share fuel. Assuming fuel wasn't the reason you broke down in the first place.

I am sure a Century Seagull would work ok on your boat, simple to fix and they keep going for ever and spares available

If you went for one go for the clutch model as it would make life easier.

You can even upgrade the jet to run on 25:1 mix instead of 10:1 2-stroke mix