Tomorrow.

plaicemat

Thanks for that, Mal. I have checked after recent comments, according to the met office, tomorrow looks quite clear but obviously that can change in an instant. Going from Poole so I always have the harbour as a safe haven. Martin, may call in on the way home. I will give you kettle boiling warning.

I was out in the bay today .Blanked :(

Not a pleasant experience it seemed much windier than forecast with the southerly wind making for white horses and lumpy and fast drifts.

Got even worse when the fog hit .....much colder and visibility down to about 50m at best.

I decided to call it a day early and headed for the harbour where it was a lovely sunny day.

As Mal says make sure you put a track on makes it much easier to retrace your steps

Must be a sucker for punishment as going out again tomorrow :lol:

Peteg

Despite the auguries of the harbingers (well placed, of course), we had a fabulous day afloat. Bright sunshine but with a slightly chill wind which livened up a bit with the change of the tide and not particularly uncomfortable sea conditions. We saw Tom Smith and 'Gaffa' doing their best to reduce the plaice population and, like us, failing miserably; we had four and I think they had a couple each. Tried around the corner at Ballard for a bream, unsuccessfully, and then just took a cruise across to Bournemouth and back to Poole to put some hours on the brilliant new engine. A very slow day as revs were limited due the breaking in regime, another 6 hours and I can let rip. Had a slight problem starting at one stage but I think I have identified this as bad contacts in the dual charging selector switch, probably a build up of verdigris. Anyone know the best cure?

The new Raymarine Dragonfly unit seems to give a very good 'picture' of the bottom, if nothing else, making it easier to translate what one is seeing. Only one more job to do, my helm seat broke at the swivel due to corrosion, time to treat myself to some new, more confortable seats.

Now looking forward to a foray to Weymouth and the arrival of the bream.