Should have been a catch report !!

Brian

Not exactly a Catch Report, although if things had gone to plan, hopefully it would have been.

My grandson Thomas wanted to go fishing today, so we thought we'd try for some flounders. Went to Wessex Angling for some worms and then headed to Rockley, that's where things started to go wrong. First the road was blocked by a crane lifting a caravan into position, so thought I could find a way around, well after driving up and down various narrow roads between caravans I ended up back where I started. So decided to do something that is apparently out of character for a bloke, I asked directions, followed them and it was easy. What else could possibly go wrong, well as I rounded the corner to go down towards the boat park I could see that Jenkins Marine were dredging where the boats are lifted in. Asked in the office and there are no boat lifts this week.

So plan B, back home to change the boat rods for beach and off to Evening Hill, by the time we got there the blue sky and sunshine had given way to clouds and what felt like a few degrees drop in temperature.

We sat it out for about three hours gradually getting colder and colder and then with the tide ebbing and nothing showing any interest in our bait, we decided we might as well go home and warm up.

Ah well things have got to be better next time.!!!!!