Fly Fishing

Coddy

Hi everyone

A friend of mine does fly fishing and has asked me if there are some good places to fish around the Poole area and don't cost a fortune to do so.

If you have any contact names even better but he is looking to Day fishing rather than having to join a club.

Thanks for any help

Coddy

cool.gif

Coddy,

You can fly fish for Sea Trout in the Claypool area ( Christchurch ) ( permit and membership to Christchurch Angling CLub = not cheap ) required.

CAC have some good trout fishing waters I recall as well. ( I think Paul J may be a member ? )

Also fly fishing for mullet can be done in the Stanpit area ( permit to fish the harbour needed at approx

The joys of fluff chucking.

Paul is right, clay pool is great, but if he ever wants to treat himself than the christchurch bridge pool is full of trout, a bit pricey but you dont need a Christchurch permit to fish it. You pay for the pool, punt etc and it allows two people to catch a lot of fish.

I have taken sea trout when they run at Sturt pond, a brackish bit of water behind the milford shingle bank, loads of fish there but they can be tough, mullet galore though. Dont cost anything though.

Royalty fishery, day permits in davis tackle or available on xchurch book. Good fishing and quite easy. I catch loads when after chub and barbel. The trout even eat a lump of luncheon meet so a fly there should do really well. Make sure he has a rod licence that covers game fishing though if hes on the river.

Coddy........send him my mobile number, I can probably help him out freshwater wise. Also get him afloat for salt water species, great sport, free too!

There was also a good read on inshore small pollack fly fishing in this months BFM, " Fly, Tippet & Run", page 72 - 75. Pollack and bass should be readily available inshore around The castle of Brownsea, also on marks just outside. I have never seen anyone doing it, although there is the statement to consider, "Why make the fishing deliberately difficult??" My answer is...to sport factor!! Imagine a four pound pollack on a fly!!!

Rich