Tue 01 nearly blanked

Guest Colin

fished whitehouse grounds fresh herring, sauid, cuttle, frozen peeler and lug. fished a 71-84 ft mark, nothing, moved to a 104-78 mark bank, some pout, no runs on big baits.

going out tomorow any suggestions appreciated!

Like the others said, Colin, it's coming to the quiet season in Feb and March. Best bet is some conger action.

Adam and I intend going out on Saturday and will perch ourselves over a wreck somewhere.

There are still rays to be picked up, but they will take some finding. The spoil grounds are probably as good a place as any, unless you can get out to some of the Blonde Ray banks (wherever they are!!).

BF

mine came out Monday after such a depressing Sunday........ sad.gif

just started sorting out tackle to be serviced - can't believe I have 7 penn reels!

been locked into the same 3 rod/reel setups since November; in fact none of them have even been apart right down to the link swivel below the boom since then!

IF Flat enough Either going out to a wreck found co-ordinates on a diving web site and said "dozens of large congers" or floundering in harbour.

If going to wreck will drift a couple of times to see if pollack about and then anchor to fish into the wreck

Hi Colin,

I am afraid that is why so many boats are out at this time of the year

Fish are hard to find. sad.gif

As we discussed on Monday the Rays and Conger are probably the best target species, but some good flounders were recorded last Feb.

Better luck on your next trip,

Charlie biggrin.gif

Nick is out today to see if can find any flounders hes going to try up the mere, heard a couple of reports of some early bream in nets in the bay!

Seems you have to go out along way to wrecks for pollack and ling or find some local conger if you are to have much sport.