2014 junior comp final results

Sam

Morning Guys,

well thats the junior comps over for another year and i am so glad that the weather gods have been kind to us on both competitions.

it is so nice to see so many children becoming interested in a decent hobbie, as most of you have said computers seem to rule there lives now.

i would first like to thank everyone who donated prizes, the club for the trophies/hats, all the skippers for putting the effort in to take everyone fishing and mum and eileen for spending all day preparing the wonderful BBQ.

just for the record i was not in charge of the bbq when it went up in flames (last time my mate gets left with fire)

so after both days there has been lots of variety caught, i worked out after looking at everyones results we had a total of 15 different species, which is very impressive. i never thought i would see my dad so excited over catching different wrasse, (conger trip needed to snap him out of it)

so the final results as follows

Best specimen

1st-  Jayden lesser spotted dogfish 1lb 8oz 52%

2nd- Reuben small eyed ray 5lb 8oz 50%

3rd-  Jacob Pout 1lb 8oz 48%

Largest Fish- Reuben small eyed ray 5Lb 8oz

Highest species count

Jayden 10

Bradley 7

Jacob    7

Sam A  5

Dom A  4

Daniel   4

Thomas 3

Phoebe  extra prize for attending

Best Girl- Macey 5 species

2nd Girl - Tamzin 3 species

As you can see i carried on the prizes alot more than i was going to at first, everyone has been so generous with prizes and the kids put so much effort in, i decided that they all deserved a bit extra.

I hope that everyone enjoyed the two days fishing and all the children now at least have some sort of interest in fishing, from the sounds of it most of them are already planning there next trips.

I have picked up some good points of how to improve this competition and will see what next year brings to organising this again.

please can you all add photos of your days out fishing and of the prize giving and i will put a report together to send off to the magazines,

thanks for all your support,

tight lines

sam

Well done Sam, and all those that took part.

Thanks to all that donated prizes too.

Sorry I could not be part of yesterdays event and prize giving as I am stuck at home after back surgery.

Bored stupid, but eager to follow proceedings via the website,

Once more  - well done!

Neal 

I managed to nip out for a few hours yesterday.

All of the entrants will be pleased to know that they beat me !

I only managed 2 species . . . . . . . . Scad and Mackerel.

I tied up to a bouy near Brownsea Castle and saw quite a few of you coming back in. Chris Witheford dropped by so Kev could wave Jacob's Bass at me. Well done Jacob ;)  :)

"Just Chillin " dropped by to say hello too. Sorry - - - didn't ask your name. ;)

Jim

Well done Sam for organising the competition and the BBQ after the presentation

It was a definite success

Unfortunately I could not stay after the presentation for the food but it looked like there was loads

Thanks to your family for hosting the event and in preparing the food

Look forward to next year

Tony

I tied up to a bouy near Brownsea Castle and saw quite a few of you coming back in. Chris Witheford dropped by so Kev could wave Jacob's Bass at me. Well done Jacob ;)  :)

"Just Chillin " dropped by to say hello too. Sorry - - - didn't ask your name. ;)

Jim

Went past you twice during the day waving both times... You just stared at us! grumpy gut we all thought! :-))) not sure if you recognised the new boat?

Went past you twice during the day waving both times... You just stared at us! grumpy gut we all thought! :-))) not sure if you recognised the new boat?

My GUT's not grumpy Adam ! :)

When I was your age Adam, my eyes were sharp.

Now I'm a grumpy old GUT I can't see B*gger all ! :)  :)

You'll have to come a bit closer and shout at me next time. :D

I'm glad all the kids enjoyed themselves.

Jim

For some reason I really struggle with posting photos on this site.

Resize them, upload them to somewhere else, find the link t to that then use that link on here... PITA... :rolleyes:

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=69CFB8AF77E881A8&resid=69CFB8AF77E881A8%212286&authkey=AM_zN84MrmdWb0Q" width="240" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=69CFB8AF77E881A8&resid=69CFB8AF77E881A8%212288&authkey=ACi3TTomodlp4U4" width="240" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=69CFB8AF77E881A8&resid=69CFB8AF77E881A8%212289&authkey=ANTiSKZ_ChAMbQI" width="240" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=69CFB8AF77E881A8&resid=69CFB8AF77E881A8%212298&authkey=AEutSoGbd_dK_1g" width="240" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=69CFB8AF77E881A8&resid=69CFB8AF77E881A8%212299&authkey=AC3vcKtd5SM5olQ" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=69CFB8AF77E881A8&resid=69CFB8AF77E881A8%212300&authkey=AFLQUjbttt8GKA8" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=69CFB8AF77E881A8&resid=69CFB8AF77E881A8%212292&authkey=AHEY7Ve4qvMRcwQ" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Anyway, well done Sam, great comps, awesome organising of the weather, splendid flyby from 2 Lancasters a Spitfire and a Hurricane, a BBQ with additional pyrotechnics... Ace!

Roll on next summer!

Jim

hi jim, was nice to meet you. Rich and emma btw.

well done sam for organising this competition.

Rich.