From Sunday 22nd til Weds 25th June - fishing marathon !

Hooky

I have been planning this forever! weather permitting ( looks ok so far)

My mate 'nutty' ( the rod builder bloke) has been giving me more than grief about my lure addiction , he says I'm full of s***t and will prove it !!!!.(again lol)

A full , honest report will be posted, he will be using bait, he also has a cast net for the livelys .

Just lures for me (including softs and jelllys ).

We are going for a species count , to save handbags we are taking along Retrowagon (( Barry) to keep us under control on Monday , launching from Christchurch, areas will be between the old CG hut the ledge.

Will also be launching from Baiter and possibly Kimmeridge and Portland ( this will be entirely down to me getting my lazy ass out of bed in time ) truth is this has been my only chance to get some real fishing done in the last three years due to getting my decent engine nicked and finding the Mariner 60 which seems to be a terrific old lump considering it's age !

Will we put off Barry from going out on a boat ever again ? At least I will be able to show him how NOT to do things and how to blank in style .

I will be on channel 6 for live reports , !,,,,,!,,

Looking forward to this as I have only caught one bass last year and a pollock so far this one .... So let's hope I can add a mackerel and maybe a wellie boot to the list, god help nutty and hooky as I might be the lucky pixie (although a very big one) or maybe the bad penny ??? Who knows ?

With hooky's help, teaching and expert knowledge let's see if I can catch on a lure ????

Right better get the shopping list sorted....

1. Beer

2. Food

3. Sunglasses

4. Beer

5. Beer ... Lol

Suggest you keep clear of beer as the sea swell can have it's own effect on the body, plus it would be a shame to waste it over the side of a boat!

Personally, even launching at Portland it doesn't make a whole lot of sense heading down to Beer in a boat. Pubs are OK but the fishing's better offshore...

Suggest you keep clear of beer as the sea swell can have it's own effect on the body, plus it would be a shame to waste it over the side of a boat![/quote

Totally agree , I'm actually tea total these days , old age and a hiatus hernia means no more than one or it turns in to a ground bating session !

Good advise on Portland , maybe better off left for a while due to dirty water .

I'm going to hit my all time favourite bass spot which is within the Chapmans area, I can only carry around 50 Lts of fuel on the Hobit , if I launch from Baiter this means it gets a little tight so maybe Kimmeridge

I'm going to carefully work out this fuel consumption business, in theory (mariner 60 two stroke) should give me a range of 80 miles with a third left as a safety margin , I think ...?...

I'm also going to attempt to make a simple picture montage of how to launch a boat single handed by reverse winching , maybe be of interest to new members , or even the the old and decrepit .

Early neaps with decent weather, I mean , what else could ever go wrong ?? Plebs outing for noobies in old tubs , not a bad title for a report, warts and all.