Just saying hi

Skatenchips

Just a quick intro.

My name is Gary,I share a small open topped boat with my mate Phil,it was/is called Blu Marlin but having just brought it we may change the name.....not sure yet.....I think Phil said he called it a small bass boat

So don't ask it's type as I'm not sure,I'm only using my iPad at the mo so can't upload pictures yet but once my PC is up and running I'll stick a picky on.

Its only 14 x 6 with a small retractable cuddy on the front with a 15hp Johnson,it's trailored and at my mates house near Lyndhurst,I'm Near Wimborne.

Although I'm a life long sea angler it's always been as a paying charter punter so I've never had the worries off skippering,me mate Phil has had all manner of boats down the years so it's his sea going experience I shall turn to as I learn the ropes,must say its bluddy exciting to try and grasp the basics

But at the mo we thought it best to join your club to gain experience of how best to get afloat safely and with the right kit on board.

I was lucky enough to get an invite to your AGM the other night so met a few guys,Tony,Dave,Alf and Sally,Allan,had lots of info come my way..too much in fact...but I thank you for it and I've no doubt I'll use it all as and when.

As mentioned we have a long list of needs to get the boat afloat so I'll ask about buying bits and bobs elsewhere,but suffice to say we would like to Use the relative safety of Poole Harbour to learn our sea skills and catch a few fish along the way but more importantly be part of your membership and hopefully make some new friends.

I may be available in the coming weeks if you single owners want a (cabin boy) for the day,I can happily share squirt costs,and it'll be good to see what you guys do and how you do it safely,my backs a tad on the glass side so don't expect to much anchor hauling from deep water.....but I'm willing to help around the decks if needed and maybe catch a few fish ,plus if your willing to share one or two easily accessible marks outside the harbour once Phil and I are more confident we may try them on the smaller Neaps.

Cheers all

Gazza

Welcome Gazza, so the AGM didn't put you off :rolleyes:  that's a plus in your favour :)

Seriously, welcome to the club.  As you found out loads of knowledge in this friendliest of clubs.  Join in make yourself known and you'll gain no end of information offers of help and above all make some serious friends.

Blimey Brian that was a bit previous,I barely took breath and there was you suggesting next week.

Hhhmmm,i might be able to sort something,what did you have in mind mate...?

You can mail me on garymueller@hotmail.co.uk if you want to nag,I will forward my landline.

Oh and yes,it was funny you calling me Graham all evening but then I've been called worse,!!!!

Gazza

Plus I wanted to forward some info to you that you may be able to make use of for your chosen charity.

Hi Gazza.

Christchurch would be OK on a good day. Just need to choose your time for going in and out of the Run. Launch behind the RNLI base on the end of the quay and you're on the fish in ten minutes - lots of fish in the harbour too. Give me a shout if you go. Happy to take you on Otter to show you around.

Trev

Hi Brian....well what a day.....what started out ok suddenly went horribly wrong with A phone call from St Peters hospital in surrey telling the mrs her brother is on open order with pancreatic cancer,so we have only just this minute returned and we are going back up to visit again

Tomorrow while he's well enough.......so I'm sorry to say the fishing for me this week is on hold mate.

Thank you for the offer and im sure we,ll get out soon.

Gary

Hi Gazza,

You may not believe in mumbo jumbo but probably not a good idea to change the boat's name.

People in the club who have changed names have been plagued by bad luck - - - - - - - - - - -

Some might argue that people who have not changed names have also been plagued by bad luck.

My view  - - - - - I can find plenty of bad luck without going looking for it. :D

All the best.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...