New Toy

Crossy

New boat arrived last Friday and i've spent the last few days fitting her out with a few bits and bobs (TV, Heater, Anti-foul etc).

She is a Merry Fisher 925 with a 320hp Nanni.

We had originally set ourselves to buy a Rodman 900 but when we went to view one the bedroom was not big enough and the sofa was too cramped (should have viewed on my own..... :lol: ).

I brought her round from Southampton and she handles a bit better than the old 705 in a lumpy sea and cruises quite comfortably between 18 and 19 knots. Even though it was surprisingly sad to say good by to ANYA (we have had a fantastic summer on her) it is very exciting to get a new boat back to Cobbs.

Hopefully I can get a few more fishing trips in this autumn (i haven't been fishing since Alderney :o ) as well as a few weekends away.

gallery_1505_74_2151865.jpg

gallery_1505_74_51827.jpg

See you all soon,

Andrew

Well you kept that one quite.  Congrats on getting the replacement boat I'm sure you'll have great fun with her. 

The 925 is on my shortlist so would like to take a peak sometime if that's ok?

Interesting that you found the Rodman 900 wanting in some areas as that's another boat on my shortlist......well short long list actually :rolleyes:

Martin

Nice one, good compromise, great view from up top and a plotter up there too!

So what's her name?

Steve

Yes, she's got 2 Raymarine E80 plotters, one on the lower helm and one up top. As good a plotter as they are I miss my Garmin 4010, much more intuitive and better cartography.

Currently called "Frayed Knot" but soon to be re-named.

Well you kept that one quite.  Congrats on getting the replacement boat I'm sure you'll have great fun with her. 

The 925 is on my shortlist so would like to take a peak sometime if that's ok?

Interesting that you found the Rodman 900 wanting in some areas as that's another boat on my shortlist......well short long list actually :rolleyes:

Martin

I liked the Rodman, much better build quality and a better ride, but Ness preferred the 925 as it has a much better layout though and is cheaper to run and maintain (hopefully) as only a single engine.

If you are looking for a Rodman 900 then try to get a later one with the KAD300's in. Have a chat with Ben at RBS, very helpful chap.

Your welcome to have a look over our 925 whenever you like, you've got my number. Tom also has a nice one on brokerage at the moment so it might be worth having a chat with him.

Andrew

Nice one Andrew, can't believe you've not been fishing since alderney! My company and poor fishing skills not put you off I hope!!

ha ha, no not at all. We've been down on the boat most weekends I just haven't found the time for a fishing trip.

Lovely boat Andrew.

Are you sure you want to change the name ?

Jinxes and all that ? ? ? ?

Frayed Knot is a good name !

I say it quite a bit when I'm told it's my round ! :D

Jim

I have had that discussion with the boss and despite all the warnings and pleadings got over ruled, again!

First few trips could be a bit nervous.......... :huh:

Don't worry too much my boat was called...... Calamity Jane!  apparently his wife was Jane.... :unsure:

Anyway we had a few problems going round North Wales with it, we couldn't wait to change the name, it was painted on, it took a bit of shifting with acetone, wet and dry and elbow grease until all trace of Calamity was removed.

Steve