Cracking day in the bay

Stuie

Went out yesterday with son Glen, an occasional angler, not too early. 

Stopped on the patch and found mackerel straight away.

Baits lowered and straight into numerous wrasse of varying types, bream, Pollack etc. Non stop action for an honour or so on the drift.

Saw Brian on Megabyte, no doubt trying out his new bait board....

We moved out and anchored a couple of miles further out.

Big baits lowered, one on the uptider.

After a few minutes some interest for Glen and his rod took on a satisfying bend.

While moving another rod out of the way the uptider showed promise as well and I was able to bully a thornie quickly to the surface and into the boat so as to be free to net Glen's obviously better fish - a good undulate, and his first ever ray.

After celebrating the double hook-up we started again.

Glen then boated his first tope and we continued with small tope, smoothies and doggies.

Back at Cobbs for 5pm - a memorable day.

signed up a while ago.. but my first post here so far.. 

really enjoyed a day out with the old man (Stuie) - catching fish is a secondary to a day out and some banter with the old man.. but i think that was our best performance yet, and we managed to accrue a fair few species between us.. plus landed my first pollack, my first tope (x3) and my first ray!   Was a great day all told, a little sunburnt but well worth it :)