Lowrance Transducer Problem

budgie

Got the boat out for the first time with my newly fitted Lowrance Elite 7 and every time the boat goes over 6 knots it stops registering the depth. Does anyone else have a Lowrance or ha any idea what the issue.

The transducer is fitted to the transom BTW.

Shame you didn't fish the open as we saw you yesterday a fe times!

Is the transducer level when you are planing?
Is is pointing too far behind the boat and the return signal is missed?

Is the ping rate fast enough? (Not sure if ping rate and chart speed are related).

Rob

Plasticine works well too, and lets you try several positions until you find one that works for your hull shape.

Mike

Important thing (plasticine or silicone etc) is to ensure there are no air bubbles in it.

I found the same thing on Tiddler's sounder a couple of weeks back.

I was getting ready for my next trip and noticed that the transducer was slightly angled up at the back.

I angled it down a couple of degrees and it's perfect now.

Jim

Thanks all, spoke to Redcar marine who I bought it from and they think I need to move the Transducer further away from the outboard so will give it a try and see how it works. Failing that, I will move in to the boat.

Looking forward to fishing the comp next year Rob, only got home from the Middle East on Thu so not much time to get the boat ready and will talk the crew into fishing (and joining the club).

I have a 2 day trip planned out of Poole next week (27 & 28) so will be good to hear if anyone form the club is out fishing.