Any Inflatable members apart from me?

Member Removed

Hi. Only been a member for a short while and I haven't noticed any one else that has a SIB in the club.

Is there anyone else out there using one for fishing and cruising?

I have only just bought my one, it is a Bombard Aerotec 380 in red with a 15hp Mercury 2 stroke.

We had a run out on it a week or so ago but haven't been able to get out since ( been a bit windy )

At first we just pootled around Poole harbour, launched from Baiter park. Then about an hour before high tide we decided to try going out through the entrance. There seemed to be a mass exodus at the time so I figured it must be ok.

Buzzed down and past Old Harry then came back, all in we did 19.9 nautical miles and were on the water about 5 hours.

The boat went beutifully with no hiccups at all, the engine was a dream.

Didn't do any fishing as it was our first trip but I have allready fitted 2 rod holders and intend to do plenty of fishing when the wind dies down.

I will add some pictures next time we go out.

Pete.

Thanks Rob.

I don't have room on the driveway for a proper boat so am a bit restricted as to what I can have.

I even have to inflate/deflate everytime i use it, but it doesn't take long and it will no dought get quicker.

It does help having a proper 12volt pump.

The 15hp 2 stroke is great as it is a lot lighter than an equivelant 4 stroke and not fussy about being laid down in the car.

I wouldn't want anything bigger as it is alarmingly fast allready. :wacko:

I paid for a years harbour dues for Poole and Portland so I have a decent amount of coast to explore. :)

Pete.

WELCOME Pete.....I know of one or two inflatable egos ( mine included ) :rolleyes:  but not of RIBS or SIBS in the club.......come along to one of our monthly get togethers and meet the egos for yourself !!!

All good men and all good fun !!!

Dave  :D  :D  :D

WELCOME Pete.....I know of one or two inflatable egos ( mine included ) :rolleyes:  but not of RIBS or SIBS in the club.......come along to one of our monthly get togethers and meet the egos for yourself !!!

All good men and all good fun !!!

Dave  :D  :D  :D

Hi Dave.

I really wanted to get to the last meeting but never made it. :blush:

I will try and make the next one, as I would like to ask some questions about the fishing from the local experts. :)

Pete.

Hi mate I've only had inflatables apart from boats I buy and leave in the corner of my cousins garden! Great fun much the same as you around old Harry sort of area, sold my sib last week looking for either a quicksilver hd sib or might go for a poole canoe I know for.

All the best

Jon

I thought the "inflatable" bit would get the perverts amongst us going :D  Took a few posts though :P Wouldn't want to have to blow it up manually, even with the footpump I don't think my heart could take it. :wacko:

Hopefully doing a Portland to Lulworth cove trip end of August with the Ribnet forum bunch, will take a rod for a sneaky bit of fishing on the way. 

Will try and make the next meeting.