Friday bassing in the heatwave pt. 4.

Rob

Bassing again on a Friday night.

I had made a couple of calls and had the latest info!

Stuck with my new spot from last week and we were in there like swimwear!

First fish 7lb to my novice crew, result! I had thought it was my fish as my line shot off, I lifted and handed the rod over to my guest. Pop, hook gone, bugger!

My second rod is now doubled over, fish on! Ping, braid parts and float weight and trace gone!

Now Barry's rod is doubled over! He plays a hard fighting fish and it did not want to go near the net, deep dives and kiting around. Attached under the float with the bass attached was my missing weight, swivel, hook with live maccy attached! That maccy looked scared, having spent the last few minutes 2ft from a marauding bass!

The bass was a welcome sight as we have a BBQ tomorrow for Barry's son!

Next we had an issue with the battery, it was dead! Weird, as it has been ok and had a Ctek charger on it a few weeks ago! Anyway, it was he'll of an effort to remove cowling, remove cambelt cover, pull start (2 pulls every time, if ignition on!), replace cambelt cover, replace cowling. Anyway, we managed to do this at the end of every drift and it was a good routine to practice!

I had 2 more bass around the 45cm mark and we had a double run at one point but neither connected, small bass suspected!

A great evening which was not forecast to be so flat but I had my suspicions that it would be ok! Not sure where the southerly swell came from!!!!

Rob

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374276764.923753.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374276776.040198.jpg

Well done Rob....but that battery issue must have been a pain...and not something you want to do if it's bumpy.!  Last year, my battery similarly packed up...and I got  the Yam going again on the pull-cord.  I found that running the engine when going back up the drift was enough to put enough back in the battery [ but did turn GPS/sounder off whilst drifting].  Your's sounds a bit more terminal.  Hope it is just the battery and not a charging issue [ as Paul F, had !]

Alun.

I had similar problems when I had an outboard and found the positive connection to the engine ( red wire ) had a tendency to corrode inside and turn into blue dust, this would cause starting and running problems and not charge the battery. I had to change this a couple of times.

Tony