When is a window not a window

lofty

When you're stir crazy.

Geordie Brian returned from his honeymoon yesterday and was looking to get out as he had today off. I was working out in the sticks this morning and got a text message " do ya wanna go oot Lofty mon?"

With little signal I found higher ground and we hastily arranged to try a mark off Branksome

null-192.jpg

Arrived at the beach and it was blowing a constant 4 but it didnt look to grim from the carpark

null-191.jpg

When I launched it was very lumpy with wind over tide , big swell and white horses. I had rag but it was too rough so trolled feathers around unsuccessfully.

I decided to investigate the pot buoys and see why they were placed where they were on the fish finder. Two were on a lovely broken bit of ground and I suddenly had a brace of pollock. Then I snagged my feathers. Brian was launching. I passed him to re rig on the beach as it was to rough to tie rigs on the water. My last set of feathers on and back out. Soon had a lonely maccy and headed back to the mark.

I decided to drop the hook to use the worms and Bri tied on to me. It was very uncomfortable but we done a couple of hours of worm drowning.

I had loads of bigger Ballans, around the 1.5 lb mark, then a little Goldsinny.

POINT

null-188.jpg

Bri had a poor cod

POINT

Then the rod looped over. FISH ON.

It towed me left and right, dived , I got it near the yak and it went straight down again. After an hours fight I bought in this leviathan, a new species and a personal best

POINT

null-193.jpgnull-189.jpg

We called it a day and headed in happy with our little adventure .

With my corkwing and bream from yesterday that's five more Basstard points

Hoooooowaaaah.