Tuesday 6th.......Needles

Swainiac

Had our monthly trip out, me and the boys in blue, parking up SE of the needles. Yting after yting.....the best going 3lb 4oz's so not a bad fish, conger at about 25lb, (estimated), small spotted ray, solent salmon, (quite a few of those!!), some good sized pout, but alas no cod. Baits were cuttle, (minis), squid, and macky, although the largest yting fell to rag and squid cocktail.

I think that the baits were mauled by hoards of pout before the scent trail could get going, with doubles coming to the boat on the larger 6/0 pennel rigs. A little annoying to say the least.

Plenty of boats on the car park, but the radio was quiet all day. Bayzand was farther east behind freshwater, and he was maintaining radio silence, so maybe no nodders were snagged.

Best of luck guys, I know that you are already on the marks as I type this, and I know for a fact Adam will update me constantly today if he is catching!!!! Tight lines chaps,

Regards, Rich

.....The scourage of the sea, the kennel club, the obligatory hound, - the only thing you catch when you have a 8 squid bait down for cod, but when you NEED to catch one for a comp - they vanish!...

I am of course refering to scyliorhinus canicula, the lesser spotted dogfish.

As Adam states, the LSD........the solent salmon!!

Chrlie, i thought i heard whistler out, did peter report back to u??

The needles was like a mill pool, only the touch of swell, but a plethora of small boats all around.

Sam...do u just add to your baits, or change each time u reel in? I favour changing each time, to add fresh scent.

Regards, Rich