Fri, Sat, Sun, Tue

Guest Colin

FRi nick went out and had whiting to 2 1/2 lb, sat he went out and had 2 flounders, sunday I went out with some friends and we had 20 or so whiting some doggies and pout. Tuesday me and nick went out to between whitehouse and spoil grounds, big pout to 2 1/2 lb and doggies and a solitary whiting on the ebb. On the flood nick had a 14 12oz thornback (PB) on triple squid, towarsd end of flood I had a 37lb Conger (PB)

Hi Colin

I thought that you had slipped out today.

I went out with Humphrey today to make the most of the settled weather, we went with Neal his Son Charlie and Graham to the needles area.

Allthough we had loads of fish nothing to special

1 Spotted Ray about 20 whiting up to about 21/2 lb and far to many dogs and pout.

We were fishing the ebb where as on Sat we were over there for the flood, which may account for the change in fortune.

The whiting were generally much smaller today, with the usual nuisance dogs and although the pout went to over 2lb there were far to many of them.

Just as we were about to leave the flood started to run a bit and the general size of the fish was improving.

We made sure that we did not run out of bait this time, but mostly pout and dogs is poor exchange for several large boxes of squid and about a dozen cuttle fish and a few mackeral.

That said it was another lovely day to be afloat.

Tight lines those out tomorrow, we have left the Cod out there for you.

Charlie