Weymouth Saturday...

domino

Well I made it down to Weymouth on Saturday, albeit alone. sad.gif

The plan was to start off with a couple of hours fishing for Bass, in the race, and then anchor up close in to Portland (Freshwater Bay) for a leisurely lunch and a spot of Wrasse fishing.

Having bought a collapsible crab/prawn pot... I decided to stop at The Hood to catch something to put in the pot... first drift, a small wrasse... so far all going to plan! biggrin.gif

I then head down to Freshwater Bay and put the crab pot down, hoping to catch a few crabs for the Wrasse fishing later...

I carry on down to the end of Portland and take my place at the end of the line of about 20 boats all drifting for Bass... armed with two rods set up with 4" Storm Lures...

1st drift - a nice Bass of 4lb 10oz (yesterday's tea tongue.gif)...

2nd drift - I hooked into a large piece of Dorset and lost all the end gear weep.gif ... swop over to 2nd rod,

3rd drift - another Bass of about 2lb (returned)...

4th drift - Dorset again, doh!!... set up rod no 1 again... steam back up from mid-channel for...

5th drift - Bass #3, a little smaller than the last one (returned)...

6th drift - Bass #4, (this is easy biggrin.gif) about 3lb - one for the freezer...

7th drift - Dorset again, b*ll*x... time for an early lunch!!!

Back up to Freshwater Bay to retreive my pot (notice how I no longer call it a CRAB pot!)... my EMPTY pot.

Anyway, I anchor up close in and hope that those big Wrasse have a liking for ragworm... apparently not, but a steady stream of small ones all 10" - 12" long, did keep interrupting my lunch.

Suitably refreshed and getting bored with the small wrasse I decide to have an hour or so on the Adamant Shoal, after whiting and maybe a cod - more hope than expectation re. the cod.

I arrive at MY mark to find Cara Cara and Bonwey on it!! huh.gif

So I pick a spot a little bit away from them...

Rod #1 - Squid and mackeral strip on the bottom... Dogfish

Rod #2 - Big squid bait on the bottom... Dogfish

Rod #3 - Squid and mackeral strip about 18" of the bottom... Nothing

No monster fish, but all in all a good days fishing in good weather. biggrin.gif

Cheers

Alan