Sunday @ IOW

Paul J

Went out from Mudeford today with Paul D

We planned to go to the Gully off Christchurch but the sea was so flat we went on to the Needles instead.

No Cod but had steady action on the Whiting.

It was so gentle that we got away with 4oz leads most of the time and the fish put in a good account of themselves.

We got plenty of fish in the two pound range and a few to 3lbs.

I got a double header with one just under and one just over 3lb on my 6lb class rod which was fun and had me thinking for a while as to what i had hooked.

a nice relaxing day out in great conditions with some good sport- what a Joy

Thanks Paul D

Hi Paul,

Sounds like you had a similar day to me and Sinbad yesterday.......... isn't this run of weather great...... and bound not to last !!

Fishing such calm conditions combined with slack tides makes such a contrast with the battles against the elements on other days!!

Shame you didn't get a fat cod !! I'm cooking up a bit of ours at the moment ... looking good! .......first of the winter for me ......... hoping there'll be a few more over the holiday break in a couple of weeks , when tides will be similar !

Enjoy the whiting ........ I spent this afternoon filletting !!

Tight lines ,

Alun.

Hi all we came down from cardiff to fish on malcolms boat the true blue but as malc has got an absess in his inner ear we fished on dicks boat the strongbow.

Just whiting,whiting and more whiting about 8 miles from the needles we then moved around slack water fished closer to poole and had pouting,pouting and more pouting.oh and a starry smooth hound of around 6lb.

oh well next time it will be the comp in the summer if it's still on.

charlie....

Paul D and i heard the following conversation between two charter boats over the VHF on Sunday

" did you hear about the skipper who drowned in a bowl of Muesli ?--He got pulled in by a strong current!"

The sarcastic response was " Fishings good then "

It was a great days fishing ( despite the lack of cod ) and good company. I ended up putting 2 1/2lb whiting back we had that many.

I wonder if the skipper of the boat which anchored within 3 boat widths from us reads this board ? He was that close he must have heard my conversation on the phone with Adam. Lucky I wasn't uptiding.

Still we had the last laugh as I decided we were either moving forward or he was dragging his anchor off into the distance smile.gifsmile.gif