Sea fisher Rose

Maverick Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the welcomes! smile.gif

I was just hovering around the board this evening, waiting for some results from the comp, (which I'm SO sad to have missed! ) and I found these posts down below the bottom of my screen! It really cheered me up as I'd been feeling a little insecure about how much a solo female was really welcome amongst you...

Thanks guys! smile.gif

I had asked a few people to ask around for me if anyone would let me 'crew' with them today, just for the experience, but got no responses. It has been suggested to me in the past that I can be too pushy when I really want something... so I was more discreet this time... and ended up missing the comp!... Ho hum... What is a girl to do???

Next time, (and there always is a next time), I'll just hassle everybody till someone takes me seriously! LOL... And if anyone will let me crew and help me gain some more experience in the meantime, I'm available as crew 24/7. Just phone or email me with at least a few hours' notice! LOL

I'm still waiting to see some results posted, but CONGRATULATIONS to the winners in each category... and I hope a good day was had by all.

Cheers! See you on Thursday...

Rosemarie

Pheremones? What pheremones?

And how do I use them to catch fish??? LOL

Tell me! Tell me!

And Martin... maybe James was too much of a gent to tell you... LOL.. I was fine till we anchored up and I took my eyes off the horizon and stared into the bucket of weights... BIG mistake! I promptly chucked up big-time!!! Then I fell asleep, and missed his 30 minute battle with the 40 lb conger. Eventually, he yelled and kicked me awake so I could net the thing for him, and I was some use after all... coz I took the pics for him.

I'd never been sick at sea before... I dunno why this time...but I learned a lot, both about cod-fishing and the wisdom of precautionary sea-sick pills! LOL

It was great fun, can't wait to go out again. biggrin.gif

Rose

Rose, as a non boat owning member, I find it great to use the boat buddies section. I just post my availability, and if someones REALLY short for crew, I generaly get the nod. If your are down this way for a visit or simething.....post a date, so teh guys can get you aboad. It's a very well used section of the site, and it works for me.

Tight lines..............Rich