Southbourne Tuesday

lofty

Decided that the live firing at Lulworth ranges would put me off my stroke so a fishing trip to a secret location was the order of the day

Launched at 7am and drifted on the tide , soon into big macs that I freelined for Bass. Had two bitten off so reckon the pack Tope are still around. Then the bream attacked my rag that I had on for the plaice, 10 went back and I kept 2 about a lb

Then took the tide back and had lots of small plaice, about 10 in all with 3 keepers. Also had my first flounder this year.

Looking at the last 3 piccys of lucky I don't think he will be for much longer tongue.gif

Seriously though looks like he might be a liability get him to join another club, laugh.gif Only joking, to speed up the learning curve he really should join a club of like minded souls

Martin

I have some news regarding training to discuss at this months meeting , get him to come along lofty ?

This is a quote from Si, my chum who did the rescue, from another forum.

As you heard from the video I decided not to add to the confusion.

author=si board=catchreports thread=18089 post=238651 time=1317229980]

As far as I'm aware the chap intended to launch solo and it was just luck that we were close by.  I didn't think about it at the time just got on with it and did what I had to do to get him back in his yak then safely back on the beach.Was only later on that it dawned on me just how LUCKY he was.

I have done lots of assisted re-entrys with Cam so knew the drill but was a little surprised that when I got him over his kayak he then got onto his hands and knees facing the wrong way and promptly fell out again. Second time we got him in the right way round only to find his kayak had taken on allot of water and was wallowing quite badly in the increasing sea.

On the up side it was good to know the practice we did paid off and nearly everything went to plan.  Glad your ok mate and I hope it dont put you off. Keep an eye on the lets meet threads, poole meet in December will be well worth getting cold for. Si.