Bude 30/08/11

Overrun

Struggling a bit with the species list lately, a trip to the west country might get things moving.

The days when Bude is a realistic kayak fishing prospect are rare, Monday appeared briefly in the plan last week and also Tuesday, fortunately having a day off coincided nicely for both. With the arrival of the weekend, Monday ruled out on grounds of wind and Tuesday firmed-up with high pressure building. I'll only attempt Bude if the wind is negligible and sea conditions <2ft swell & wave, really don't want be caught out with a big surf on the way in, or having to abort at the wrong tide state. Also, it's a big investment in both time and fuel these days!

Having said that, once away from the shore, the depth rises quite quickly and swell is no-longer a problem, the tidal drift, even on a big tide is nothing compared to the Bristol channel or East Coast.

On the water at 10:00 approx. half way down the ebb, new launch site and spoke to the Lifeguards about the beach, as wondered how much sand at LW,

As usual top report,but if you'd hooked a shark...........flippin heck you're braver than me.What would you of done James,made for the beach?

Ace pics thanks for sharing

Nige

In the unlikely event the plan is to slip the buoy and sleigh ride, if large then probably cut it off, barbless hook so if I don't get it out it should fall out, a photo would be nice. Stupid really laugh.gif

James....James....JAMES !!! You are the craziest of them all........Doing that sort of trip alone !!!!!

Great report .... Great pics......thanks mate

But please PLEASE....take a buddy on those sort of forays !!! We want you back in one piece..

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif